Andy Hall

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:27:08 +0100, gna03633
wrote:

I suppose if non-condensing boilers go off of the market altogether
and CORGI fitters are forced to fit condensing models and there are
cases where the plume (if any) is a problem, then there could be an
issue.

How big can this plume be?

It really depends on the boiler, and the outside temperature and
humidity, plus the flue arrangements.

Even a conventional boiler on a cold day will generate a plume into
the air.

Condensing boilers are fan driven, so the combustion products are
pushed out by the fan anyway.

I have seen a poor one on a cold day under full power, put out a plume
a metre long, dispersing into the air.

Equally, I have seen a good one, under the same conditions showing
virtually nothing.

I live on the upper ground floor of a 4 storey town house, the boiler is on
the side wall where all the soil pipes are. Can this vent be ducted up the
side of the, there are is another building next door.

Yes it can. Many condensing boilers can use 50mm plastic high
temperature waste pipe as an intake and a flue. You can run them
quite a number of metres (20 typically) from the boiler.

I am keen to get something that is energy efficent, but need something that
will fit into the 'tiny' space I have

ta
gna

..andy