Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Peter wrote:
"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
I've got a New World Royale 600 gas cooker with a self-lighting oven
- you turn the gas on and the sparker clicks away until the oven
lights.

First, how's it do that then?

It is by flame rectifcation when the oven ignites the ignition
generator senses the flame in the spark gap and turns off

Ah, well that's half of it. That could explain why it works better when I've
given it a good scrubbing.

Second, it only works when it feels like it - about 7 times in 10.
Any idea why?

What happens when it does not work ? Do you mean you mean it doesnt
ignite or does not stop sparking when oven is lit ?

It just doesn't spark at all and we have to push the ignition button. Not a
problem, of course, but things that are supposed to work annoy me when they
don't. Might there be a switch on the oven gas tap? I'll go and give it a
prod (technical term)...

Aha! I've never played before...
If I turn the knob just a few degrees, before the gas starts coming out
even, it starts sparking. Switch?

Si