IMM

"John Rumm" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

I think the Isar is wider.

Err.. no

The 24i Junior is 600, 400, 325mm (H, W, D) but that is only part of the
story. It also needs 25mm either side, 200mm below, 180mm above, and
25mm to the front.

The Ideal Isar HE 35 is 687, 390, 278mm (H, W, D) and requires
5mm either side, 100mm below, 185 above, 0 to the front.

So for the WB you get a total space requirement of 980, 450, 350mm and
the Ideal you get 787, 400, 278

So the WB requires over one and a three quater times the volume of the
Ideal, which has has one and a half times the power.

1.5 times the power. Is 35 kW 1.5 times more than 28kW?

Depends on the space available.

Err.. no - Think you will find the size of the boiler is pretty much
fixed irrespective of the space you have available.

The Isar is a condensing boiler, which in some cases cannot be fitted where
flats are concerned. It is also more reliable (so far) and simpler (no
3-way valve), although uses more gas being a regular boiler.

Just before the Isar came out I fitted an Ideal regular combi simply because
it was the only boiler that fitted the space. I'm not great fan of Ideal's
pre-mix burners. They tend to go boom far to frequently..