Andy Hall

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:42:48 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:29:49 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

Which is why on one trip to the USA an older friend asked me to
buy him some tape measures. Wickes had a lot of apologising to
do when they arrested him for shoplifting and he made them look
carefully at the Stanley Powerlock he'd allegedly just pocketed!

I guess I have a guilt complex even though I'm completely honest!

It always concerns me when I visit a DIY place with a tape measure in
my pocket, just in case I get held at the exit door on suspicion. For
that reason I always make sure my tape measure is clearly labelled
from a different source to those of the DIY shed I'm visiting - it
would be a bit difficult for Focus DIY (e.g.) to claim that the
TLC-Direct labelled tape measure came from their store shelf!

I tend to just go along with whatever tape comes to hand - generally
leaving one in the car because I'm forever putting them down and
forgetting where.

A store would have to demonstrate that you took the article from the
store which usually means that they have to have seen you pick it up,
pocket it and walk out.

I don't like the game that some of the stores play of wanting to see
receipts on the way out and checking goods and tend not to co-operate
with it.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl