Rick Dipper

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:07:48 GMT, "enquirer"
wrote:

Hi

I have removed vinyl tiles laid in 1970's to an 1850's house. I have
discovered a floor screed of about 2 inches, on top of an existing quarry
tile floor. I only discovered this because at one point, damp had
penetrated and destroyed this screed, at the edge of a wall. The area in
question is about 6 inches by 2 inches and 2 inches deep.. Can anybody
suggest anything that I can use to fill this void, that will stop the damp
penetrating the new quarry tile that I am about to lay.?

Many thanks.

I would guess the first job is to get a damp meter and work out if the
whole floor is damp, suggesting no DPM/DPC or if its just one small
patch.

Rick