John Rumm

Gordon Henderson wrote:

The problem won't be the actual scanning, but the amount of time you'll
waste doing it. I had this notion some years back - bought a slide
scanner, but in reality, even with good work-flow software it was still
taking up to 10 miuntes per slide, once I'd touched them up to remove
scratches, dust, etc.

For doing bulk you need a slide scanner with auto feed as you suggest.
There is one caveat I would highlight though. The autofeeder I have
(Nikon SF200 on a LS2000 scanner) works very well with modern slides.
It is not as good with older slides in cardboard mounts, which can cause
misfeeds and jams.

I ended up giving up and bought a digital camera.

Fine for new photos, but does not solve the issue with the back catalogue.

--
Cheers,

John.