Paper2002AD wrote:
I've got hundreds of old slides, some of which I would like to play about with
if only I could get them onto the pc. I dont fancy paying loadsamoney for a
light box thingy - how easy would it be to make my own, maybe incorporating my
new LED torch (birthday present), which has a blinding light?

Scanners with slide scanning attachments are not so expensive
nowadays. I have an Epson Perfection 1650 which cost only just over
£100 and scans slides pretty well (it'll also scan colour negatives).
You can probably get something just as good for less than £100 now, it
was a while ago that I bought it.

--
Chris Green