Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Paper2002AD wrote:
I've got hundreds of old slides, some of which I would like to play about with
if only I could get them onto the pc. I dont fancy paying loadsamoney for a
light box thingy - how easy would it be to make my own, maybe incorporating my
new LED torch (birthday present), which has a blinding light?

The problem won't be the actual scanning, but the amount of time you'll
waste doing it. I had this notion some years back - bought a slide
scanner, but in reality, even with good work-flow software it was still
taking up to 10 miuntes per slide, once I'd touched them up to remove
scratches, dust, etc.

One option might be a digital camera with a 35mm slide adapter. Thats probably
the easiest way to do it.

If you are serious, get a scanner that can be bulk loaded and one that
has an IR channel to remove dust.

Alternatively, as another poster has suggested, take them to boots and get them
to transfer them to CD.

I ended up giving up and bought a digital camera.

Gordon