John

I bought a decent one from Jessops. It is small and seems to give decent
results. If I were inclined I could blitz my collection and sell it.

http://tinyurl.com/ii3d

--

Regards

John

"Set Square" wrote in message
Paper2002AD wrote:

I've got hundreds of old slides, some of which I would like to play
about with if only I could get them onto the pc. I dont fancy paying
loadsamoney for a light box thingy - how easy would it be to make my
own, maybe incorporating my new LED torch (birthday present), which
has a blinding light?

You don't need to pay loadsamoney - but you do need a scanner with a
fairly
high resolution, and you do need to illuminate the slides evenly with
light
of the correct colour temperature. I don't think I'd fancy your chances
with
an LED torch!

I have the photo version of an Epsom Perfection 1670 scanner - with a
light
source built into the lid, and with a template for locating slides in the
high resolution part of the deck. I paid 50 quid for this (new, boxed) on
Ebay. Haven't looked lately but there are probably still some on there.
Otherwise, you can get the same thing in the High Street for about 75
quid.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.