Andy Hall

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:15:46 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:51:39 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Contact them. Transco may have reduced the flow through a U6 being a
private
cheapskate company who don't want to upgrade the system. When it was

the
gas boards they had a duty to supply a minimum amount of gas. If the
lines
were too small they had to increase them.

Right, so a pipework size increase is necessary.

Nope.

Can you provide the name and phone number of somebody in either
organisation willing to confirm this in writing?

Do your own resesarch, lazy sod! I have given you the pointer so go
ahead.

Certainly not.

Well why ask?

You made the assertion, so you justify it.

You want the info you get it and I gave the pointer.

I'm simply asking you to justify an assertion.

If Transco intended the service to deliver 80kW, hey would rate it at
that, not 60kW.

BG rated it as 424 cu ft/hr. I don't know what the privatised moneygrabbing
cowboys rate it as these days.

The commercial arrangements are not in the least bit relevant.

The question was whether the supplier would authorise the usage that
you suggest on a standard domestic supply.

Since you are unable or unwilling to give a simple yes or no, the
conclusion has to be that they do not until you demonstrate otherwise.

So answer the question. If I were to contact my gas supplier today
and tell them that I have a standard supply and meter, but I want
80kW, what would they tell me?

Ring them and see.

Since you were claiming to know all about this, I was hoping that you
could tell me.

424.

Monkies?

Would it be that it's OK to go ahead or that
a larger service pipe and meter is needed?

I doubt the 1" service pipe would need replacing. They may replace the
meter for some bizarre reason with them being very amateurish.

Oh I see. So now you know more than the supplier about their
service.

Yep, as I used to design them, well er yes.

This sounds somewhat implausible since you a) quote deprecated units
and b) seem very unsure whether Transco would underwrite such a
service.

Would this be an approved installation
on a standard service and meter?

It was. Cheapo Transco may have moved the goalposts.

Uh Huh, Frankly I think that you are bull****ting.

Stop guessing and making things up.

That is precisely what you are doing.

The unfortunate thing is that this particular piece has the potential
to be dangerous, and if not that, certainly expensive.

What can be dangerous?

The pressure dropping outside the specified range for the boiler could
be one.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl