logized

"Paper2002AD" wrote in message
I've got hundreds of old slides, some of which I would like to play about

with
if only I could get them onto the pc. I dont fancy paying loadsamoney for

light box thingy - how easy would it be to make my own, maybe

incorporating my
new LED torch (birthday present), which has a blinding light?

A cheap solution would be to buy a normal scanner that has a slide/negative
accessory with it - Epson for example have them on several models.
The downside is the slide scanning resolution would only be as good as the
scanner resolution - which would not give very high quality due to the small
size of slide.
That is the reason why dedicated slide scanners are so expensive - you get
what you pay for.
It is not worth trying to make a light box with your LED torch because the
colour temperature would be wrong (not pure white) and you also need to
ensure the light is evenly spread over the whole slide - needs a more
diffused light source.

Dave