chris French

In message , Winged Cat
writes
Hi
I am going to fit four LV IP44 halogen spotlights in my bathroom
ceiling. The room is 190 * 175, and I am trying to decide on the best
positioning of the lights. I don't know whether to arrange the lights
equidistant from the centre of the ceiling, or equidistant from the
edges, IYSWIM.

I.E. They could be either 35 cm from the edges, creating a "rectangle"
pattern, or 35 cm from the centre, creating a "square" pattern. What's
normal?

Normal?? whatever seems right I guess.

Going on the size of your room, if I was going to put them evenly spread
around the room I would put them in rectangle shape spaced somewhere
between 1/4 and 1/3 of the width/length of the room in from the walls.

something like this

* 80 *

90 90

* 80 *

However, I would suggest considering if that is the best way to arrange
them. IMO the spot nature of these lights makes them better suited to
arranging to have the light more specifically where you want it.

We have 12V spots downlighters in our bathroom. 5 in a room about 2.4 m
sq roughly. The lights are arranged so that 2 are over the bath (corner
bath) 1 over the hand basin (another corner) and 2 over the shower (in
the other corner These highlights and gives the light where you want it
most.

We also have two wall lights either side of the mirror on one wall.
These give better light for doing things to your face, and also give a
bit of ambient light around the bathroom. I would not to rely on just on
ceiling spots.

I have considered putting another one over the door area corner as that
doesn't have a spot, but it doesn't really need one from a functional
point of view, but aesthetically it would probably look slightly better
as
--
Chris French, Leeds