PoP

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

On 29 Jan 2004 14:17:37 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Why would I need to? You're the one who wants people to work in one set
of units. Why can't people use what they want?

Exactly.

When I'm on customer site measuring up I switch between orgasmic and
metric on a whim - it really depends which side of the tape measure is
closest to the edge I'm measuring.

Usually when I've taken a metric measurement I go back to read off the
imperial measurement just to make sure. Reason being that if the
length is quite long (over 1m) I have been known to read something
like 1.605m as 1650mm because I've missed or added a zero - and it
does make a bit of a difference!

It's next to impossible to misread imperial on a ruler. 47 and 5/8ths
inches can't really be mistaken for anything else . It's what I was
schooled with and you like to use those things that you are most
familiar with.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.