Mary Fisher

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

I don't understand why they need labels anyway, did we all get
confused before we hd them? No.

But I really don't think many people can eat them, surely ...

They're used so that the apples can be easily identified at the

checkout -
they all have a four digit number on them which is typed into the till

and
the computer knows what you're buying, or more precisely, what the shop

is
selling.

I think I knew that - but a way round that, if the check-out can't

identify
them, would be to have peel off stickers on a coil near the apples and

stuck
to a bag in which the customer puts the apples.

And how many people would forget, stick on the wrong label etc.?

If they forget they don't buy the apples.

If they're trying to defraud, they can do that now by switching the labels.

Mary
--
Chris French, Leeds