tony sayer

In article 0, mike
ring writes
"Owain" wrote in
:

"Adrian C" wrote
| Just get a couple (or three - depending on what talk radio stations
| you listen to) of cheap small clock radios, hack a connection inside
| each to mute the speaker, and trail an indiscrete bunch of wires to
| your bedside table with a rotary switch.

A variant on the Crossroads class of hotel (and hospital) bedhead
radios, about 6 channels fed from central 100V tuner/amps, with a
1-watt speaker in a bedhead unit with rotary switches for channel and
(stepped attenuator) volume.

Owain

A couple of good ideas there but to be honest, both too much like work; at
the moment I have to keep changing channel on a pushbutton set.

And the sources of the annoyance; not so much the presenter as the subject
that gives me apoplexy, gender, race issues, religion, anything in a Scotch
accent - that's nearly everyone in the meejah, and nearly all the
interviewees, silly competitions, the awful records that local radio keeps
putting on...

You wouldn't believe it, but they pay a fortune to "focus group
consultants" to tell them which reckords to play;(

--
Tony Sayer