Mary Fisher

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:54:34 +0100, "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:

I don't understand why they need labels anyway, did we all get
confused before we hd them? No.

But I really don't think many people can eat them, surely ...

They're used so that the apples can be easily identified at the

checkout -
they all have a four digit number on them which is typed into the till

and
the computer knows what you're buying, or more precisely, what the shop

is
selling.

Si

I've got a collection of them! Not in the anorak sense, but first
noticed them when I bought a grapefruit every week and the labels were
different each time. Stuck them on the kitchen wall and have about 25
different ones plus those from other fruits.

Spouse started doing that in the 1960s.I hated it, so did the kids. They
disappeared. I didn't remove them ...

I'm sure that one day they'll have a value.

But who cares?

Mary