Ric

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
In article , Grunff
writes
Paper2002AD wrote:

Them tiny labels on eating apples - they edible? They must get

swallowed in
their millions!

No, and in fact the adhesive used on them is not very good for you. I
knew someone who spent 3 years researching how much adhesive you
actually eat, because it's apparently quite toxic in relatively small
amounts.

You would think that the labels would be designed with an adhesive which
peels off cleanly, but it ain't so. Another of life's mysteries.

They'd come off too easily in transit or storage if they were and we
couldn't have that, could we!

I don't understand why they need labels anyway, did we all get confused
before we hd them? No.

I have an apple tree that fails to put the labels on any of the apples it
grows - very annoying as I don't know what they are