Parish

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

derek wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:30:12 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:04:56 +0000, derek
wrote:

The chocolate price stayed the same for many years 'till some stupid
government tried to put a luxury tax on it which would have made it
7 1/2 pennies so the manufacturers altered the weight and that was how
inflation started in the '60s.

You know, I've never seen those arguments put before but they do seem
eminently sensible! The EU has been responsible for all sorts of
nonsense over the years.

Never really figured how 1760 yards to the mile was a good number to
come up with though - I understand 8 furlongs etc, but 1760 never did
make the maths simple

Read it somewhere just recently (Don't think it was in this thread)

1 mile = 1 (Roman) mille = 1,000 standard double paces (Left + Right)
of a marching Roman Soldier.

Apart from the mille, what have the Romans ever done for us?

OK, I'll get me coat.

DG