mike ring

"Owain" wrote in
:

You could use a freeview box with its inbuilt change channel timer.
You would have to check it allows you to change its channel during a
'timed' segment.

If the timer function doesn't work as desired, plug the amplified
speakers into a timeswitch and use that to control timed on/off, with
the freeview box continually powered.

Owain

Thanks for the suggestion, Owain, but it's all a bit big - I don't really
want a television or amplifier/speakers.

It's just that there's a million alarm clock/radios about (I've got two),
but I'd love one with a remote control, so I could put it on a shelf over
there, and save space at the bedside for alcohol/medication/flea powder
annd the serious alarm clock with a proper face and light.

mike