Sofie

Charlie Bress:
The vertical deflection circuitry will usually be somewhat near the
horizontal deflection circuitry. You can follow the deflection yoke wires
from the yoke connector and to the area of the circuit board you should be
looking at. Usually the horizontal deflection yoke uses blue and red
(sometimes gray) wires and the vertical deflection yoke will usually use
yellow and green wires.
If you can not find the vertical deflection circuitry with the above hints I
think you might be over your head on this one... then even with a schematic
you will not likely find what you are looking for. The schematic is only
most useful to technically qualified techs who can locate and fix many
problems like the one you describe WITHOUT the schematic or board layout.
This is not usually a very involved repair at most shops and the repair cost
should make this a worthwhile repair. At the very least you should TAKE it
to a repair shop for a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent
repair decision with facts instead of internet or telephone wild guesses.
Without a tech actually getting into the television with test instrument
there is NO WAY to know for certain what will be involved in the repair of
your television..... TAKE it to a qualified tech.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
With no board layout or schematic how can I id which device it is?
Is it on a heat sink? Typical pn's? I have the soldering iron, I have the
solder and the ability. What I need is a way of telling which device it

is.

Charlie

"Lance Dyer" wrote in message
start with resoldering the vertical output IC It is common for these
connections to crack and give that problem

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
The model is a 27G22V, the chassis is APEDP280.
This set has had an intermittent vertical collapse/instability problem

for
some time.
This only shows up cold. After 5 minutes it is stable and stays that

way
until it is cold again.
It has been pretty consistent in always showing the problem.
A slight bump on the case will generally eliminate the problem for the
session.

I finally got a neighbor to help pull it out of the entertainment

center.

I have been looking for a bad solder joint or other bit of flakiness.
Nothing shows up visually. I have inspected most of the solder side

with
magnifier. I have jiggled the leads going to the yoke. I have used an

old
aligning tool to push, poke, prod and otherwise try to replicate the
problem.
Of course, everything works without a hitch

Since I have not had the need to get into the innards of a set since

the
days of hybrids, I don't recognize circuits by their layout and

component
mix. What is being used for the vertical amp/output device? I don't

have
cold spray and the heat gun seems like it is going the wrong way

Suggestions are solicited on what might be next. I hate to just button

it
up
and put it back without resolution.

Charlie

The first TV I ever worked on was a 7" Dumont that had a brute force

HV
supply and electrostatic deflection.
.