JVC Dude

Thanks for the help. I've tracked down a copy of the manual. Hope to have it
soon.
If its a board fault that doesn't worry me too much. I was more worried by
the thoughts of problems with the CRT's etc. since this 3CRT technology is
unfamiliar to me

Andrew

"BWL" wrote in message
You're definitely going to need the manual; Hitachi's typically use as

many as
two dozen diodes to route over/under voltage, loss of sweep/deflection,

over
current and x-ray detect signals to the shutdown circuits. You will also

need a
peak-hold meter to determine where the shutdown signal is coming from.

Expect
this to take a while...