Bob

"Bob G." wrote in message

Excalibur stated that the dust is picked up more effeciantly off the
blade at the rear not the front.... to which I say...BULLS*** !

Your opinion is pretty accurate based on my own experiments. I did a lot of
prototyping of shopmade blade guards and experimented with all kinds of
connection geometry. I used a direct 4" connection through a 10 foot hose
directly to a Jet 2 hp collector, so I had gobs of suction available. I
found the connection at the rear of the guard was utterly futile and quickly
abandoned the idea.

My current solution completely divorces the dust collection from the guard.
I have a home made nozzle placed in front of the blade that rides on top of
the wood when ripping and hooks to the rear of my sliding table fence with
magnets when I cross cut. This is hugely effective. Most people would
regard it as a pain. I hate that spray of dust from the saw with a passion
and its worth it to me. I have a Jet air filter in my shop. I used to use
it regularly. Since I got this dust collection going on the table saw, I
never turn on the air filter. Its not needed.

Bob