Edwin Pawlowski

"William Wilson" wrote in message
om...

I just checked it tonight (4 nights later), and I'll be darned if
there isn't some small amount of rust on it already. Now, I live in
Florida (land of liquid air and none-too-intelligent voters), but I'm
trying to figure out where I went wrong!!! What exactly does a "light
coat" consist of?

Any hints here on where I screwed up would be really appreciated,
along with any hints on a good way to remove the existing rust, and
correctly protect the top this time!!!

If the rust is not very bad, WD-40 and a green scrubby thing will remove it.
If heavy, buy TopSaver. Great stuff.

Sounds like you need more Topcote. Give it a couple of heavy doses. Repeat
a light coat at least once a month in your area.