GerryG

I suspect that one is similar to (and looks like) the units that sold for
about 200 a few years ago. I've used that to spray oil paint, and latex with a
flow additive, and it did a very nice job. It handled shellac and some light
finishes. The results with water base finishes were not very good, and no
amount of additives would help. The volume of air from the turbine made it
unusable for small projects, unless they were really locked down. That also
made it very hard to finish projects that had interior areas. Others may
report better results, but remember, there is a reason why they sell more
expensive two and three stages turbine HVLP sprayers.

I later moved to a compressor and a spray gun from Homestead. It overcame all
of the above issues and is so much more flexible that I haven't used that
turbine unit in several years.
GerryG

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:39:37 GMT, "AL" wrote:

The HF catalog I got in the mail today had a bunch of new items. One of
them was a turbine powered HVLP (ie. gun + air supply) for the regular price
of $50. I can't wait for this to go on sale!