Andy Dingley

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:43:06 -0400, Bill Rogers
wrote:

A loaded drawer would resist motion, so you *really* need
free-wheeling movement ...well waxed, teflon, or something like that.

Agreed, so I'm thinking of buying in metal runners with wheels,
mounted beneath the drawer so as to be invisible. They run more
freely than my usual waxed maple strips - even if I put a UHMW or HDPE
slip in there..

Put them at the rear of the dawer with the drawer flush [with
allowance] with the carcase, and room at the rear for the catch
mechanism. The drawer front should be flush when locked.

I can still mount them at the front, under the drawer body and between
the runners.

The idea of setting the drawer faces between the carcase sides is
interesting, because I think that's the best way to hide the clearance
I'll need to allow for the initial backward movement.
--
Smert' spamionam