Ba r r y

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:00:19 +0100, bugbear
wrote:

IIRC in the USA you can get a plastic dial caliper
that reads in fractions on an inch, and it's cheap.

That'd probably work just fine for WW.

Mine did. I've used a General plastic caliper that reads in decimal
to .001 for 14 years. Through no fault of the caliper, mine is now
past tense. I paid about $30 for it in 1990.

I've replaced it with the Lee Valley fraction / decimal combo caliper,
but it hasn't arrived yet. The LV is the same price the General was,
and reads both ways. LV's satisfaction policy is second to none, and
the caliper was well-reviewed, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Barry