Mitch Skool

(ississauga) wrote in message om...
If you have installed hardwood what mistakes have you made? The
hardwood I am installing is the 3/4 inch thick type, about 2-3 inches
wide, oak and maple mostly, finished type.

I am installing hardwood flooring for my customers. There is a big
demand for it here, as many people want me to replace their carpets
with hardwood. I have being reading books and now work with a
professional installer but there is nothing like learning from
mistakes.

Use glue (Liquid nails subfloor or similar) and plugged screws for
thresholds and stair nosing. These boards get torqued and the nails or
staples will loosen over time.

Mitch