Ed Sirett

Default The Good Old Days of UK.D-I-Y

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:05:24 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:38:31 +0000, "Ed Sirett"
wrote:

I've switched on filtering of all cross-posted articles with 5 or more groups this is
currently removing 14% of the newgroup traffic.

I meant that I have reduced the traffic of news group articles on my
computer by 14%.

Sorry to ask a really dumb question - but does this imply that this
newsgroup is under control of a moderator?

I'm real happy if it is! It's just that I thought it was like all the
other newsgroups, and a free-for-all.

No. I'd also run and dissappear if it had especially if I were the
moderator!

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk