patriarch

(terry) wrote in
m:

Hi,

Thank your for all replies! One more thing, actually I want to do this
for insulating sound, could the methods provided do this?

Thanks!

Terry, you may not have realized that many/most of the replies I saw were
in jest. Sometimes that's the way the wReck deals with questions that
seem, on the face of things, to be infeasible.

Replacing the door is likely the best option, as one poster mentioned.

Hollow core doors are not really hollow, but the faces are held apart,
generally, with a matrix of corrugated paper. A retrofit is unlikely to
succeed, and will almost destroy the original door in trying.

Sound deadening, strong, easy to deal with. Sounds like you want a pre-
hung fiberglass door. Should take longer to go buy one at the home center
than to install it in the opening. Measure well. Decide which way you want
it to swing.

This link has some pretty good information available.
http://www.ebuild.com/guide/resource...1702&catCode=8

Patriarch