MattP

Default Motorised Valve

If it is broke you may be lucky and be able to change just the motor. It
sounds like a mechanical device so you might be lucky (I had a horrible
turnscrew one..uhh!)

Take off the cover (careful of the eletrics - take precautions) and if the
motor is 'cam shape' then you wil be able to get one down your local BanQ
for £15. Otherwise off to the plumbers merchants.

If not then it's a new valve, cost £50 and go down to your plumbers
merchants, where you'll get proper advice.

The tricky part might be the wiring but there's replacement versions which
are easy to wire in, as is the plumbing if you know how to drain your
system.

Good luck.

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
.uk...
On 25/01/2004 Kevin Rayner a wrote :
How can I tell whether the motorised valve on the hot water circuit is
working correctly. I have been having a few problems with cold water and
noticed that the manual/auto lever on the valve has no action. Operating

the
lever on the central heating valve has some resistance and is working.

The
lever on the HW valve has no resistance what so ever.
Do I need to replace the whole valve?

Kevin

You should be able to tell whether valves are working by simply feeling
the temperature of the pipes coming from the valve. Allow the system to
cool then set it to hot water and if necessary turn up the thermostat.
The pipe going to the valve and then on to your HW cylinder should
become hot.

Turn that off and select room heating, the pipe going to your radiators
should now become hot.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)