Dan White

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message

The advantage to the connectors over dowels is that you can get them
snug, then adjust the joint before finally tightening them. I've done
butcher block counter tops without glue, but if you want, a layer of
Gorilla Glue would probably be helpful. I wouldn't use anything with a
faster set time. To join two 3' pieces in an L I would use at least 3
and probably 4 of the connectors, but realize that all any type of
connector is doing is holding alignment, the actual joint must be cut
accurately and the alignment must be assured in the positioning of the
tops. If one is slightly higher than the other or something you will
*never* get a good joint.

Thanks. I think if I can get the joint to come together close enough, I can
always sand down the surface a smidge at the joint. Hopefully there won't
be much of a gap other than the height difference.

dwhite