patriarch

"Dan White" wrote in
et:

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:34:15 GMT, "Dan White"
wrote:
Are you talking about the connectors that are sunk into grooves
under the countertop (like a Mills Pride type countertop corner) or
just the L

shaped
flat brackets?

The recessed ones. One hole in each piece with a groove between and a
bolt through to pull them together.

Like this:

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...gs_id=349&obje
ctgroup_id=72&catid=22&filter=cross%20bolt

Tiny version:
http://tinyurl.com/5kmu7

OK. I'd have to cut the hard maple myself to do this. They only
supply the raw block. The supplier recommended I drill holes where
needed and connect the two pieces of counter with dowels and wood
glue. That sounds easier if I can be careful enough to drill holes
that allow the pieces to come together evenly.

dwhite

Dan, is there any chance you can find a local woodworker friend to help you
with this? It's not difficult, if you've done it before, and have a few of
the right tools. However, you can screw up some expensive maple, and maybe
draw a little blood, if you don't take the right precautions.

I'm not at all certain that dowels are the route that I'd take. Clamping
might be an adventure for the inexperienced and/or person with insufficient
clamp inventory.

Patriarch