Larry Jaques

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:39:30 +0000,
(Robert Bonomi) calmly ranted:

In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 9 Sep 2004 20:29:15 -0700, "Bob" wrote:

I stand corrected on my post and I am sorry for misinformation. The
web page for DesignCad has a BUY NOW link that takes you directly to a
page with price listed at $199. However, this is for bundle package
with several products. This is their so-called Platinum bundle and its
very misleading. There is a fine print link at the bottom of the page
that says "No thanks, proceed with original order" where I find out the
CAD package alone is available for $89.95.

Bob

Sorry, other Bob, but it's only $79.95 here.
http://store.yahoo.com/cadandgraphics/dcad15.html

Seems a strange business practice.

It's called "upselling", but the way they do it is pushing
the envelope. Amazon.com uses a similar method called "cross-
selling". When you add an item to your basket, they take you
to a page full of similar goodies in the hope that you add
some to your basket before returning to shop or check out.

Maybe somebody should point out to them the legal ramafications of such
'bait and switch' advertising.

It's legal. The way it's handled just isn't very tasteful. At the top,
it says "Upgrade Your Order". The bottom text line is "No thanks,
proceed to checkout with the original order.

give me The Luxuries Of Life * http://www.diversify.com
i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online