Secret Squirrel

(Robert Bonomi) wrote in news:f0f9e$4141cab2
:

In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 9 Sep 2004 20:29:15 -0700, "Bob" wrote:

I stand corrected on my post and I am sorry for misinformation. The
web page for DesignCad has a BUY NOW link that takes you directly to

page with price listed at $199. However, this is for bundle package
with several products. This is their so-called Platinum bundle and

its
very misleading. There is a fine print link at the bottom of the

page
that says "No thanks, proceed with original order" where I find out

the
CAD package alone is available for $89.95.

Bob

Seems a strange business practice.

Maybe somebody should point out to them the legal ramafications of

such
'bait and switch' advertising.

There aren't any. In order for it to be bait and switch they'd have to
advertise something and not offer it for sale. They're offering
something and it's available. They've just made the website confusing.
It's not really all that unusual, take a look at some major software
company sites when there is a free version available like for example
Acrobat reader. The option for the free one is well hidden and only
obvious after scanning the page containing the ad copy for the
commercial version. While I agree that this is poor marketing, and
probably results in lost sales.. It is not, by any definition, bait and
switch.