Alan Van Art

It's strong enough to pick up a 3/32 allen wrench but none bigger. I'm not
exactly sure how you go about de-magnetizing things, I don't have a clue
which polarity it is. I suppose I could try using another magnet, but I
might end up making it worse. I have no idea how it got that way, I don't
use magnetic tool holders. I might start using them, though, sounds like a
good way to tame my growing pile of turning tools. The magnetism is light
enough that I haven't found it to be a nuisance yet.

"Dan Kozar" wrote in message

I recently purchased a Robert Sorby Oval Skew from Craft Supplies. I'm
not
positive, but I think it's magnetized. It really feels like it's sticking
the tool rest when I go to pick it up. Has anyone else experienced
anything
similar? So far, I don't think it's a bad thing, but I really just
started
using it. Should I de-magnetize it or leave it alone?

It probably doesn't matter, but if it was mine. I would probably
demagnetize it. It could possibly get annoying after a while.
Will it pick up small pieces of metal ? Do you have a means of
demagnetizing it?

--
Dan Kozar

remove NOSPAM