Kevin Neelley

I also use magnetic bars to store and display my lathe tools. I've used them
for years. No tool has ever become magnetized that I can detect and I use a
Sorby oval skew, like yours, every day. It has been on the magnetic bar (off
and on) for three years. Maybe the type of magnetic bar I use is different than
yours.

Kevin Neelley
http://www.turnedwood.com

In article , George says...

If it bothers you, sure. Don't be surprised if it feels no different in use
afterward. Amount of magnetic attraction between them is in reality
infinitesimal, perhaps mentally significant.

I use magnetic bars for the tools.

"Alan Van Art" wrote in message
I recently purchased a Robert Sorby Oval Skew from Craft Supplies. I'm not
positive, but I think it's magnetized. It really feels like it's sticking

the tool rest when I go to pick it up. Has anyone else experienced

anything
similar? So far, I don't think it's a bad thing, but I really just started
using it. Should I de-magnetize it or leave it alone?

---