Jim Gott

"Jim Gott" wrote in message

It's semi-matte unless you buff it to a higher gloss, which is the reason

I use
it rather than the polymerized tung oils that Lee Valley has. They both

have
too much gloss for my taste. The sealer gives me more options on how much
gloss (or none at all) that I want.

One other question, Jim--how many coats do you typically apply? Sorry to be
bothersome on this, but I've just acquired a can of the stuff, along with a
can of the mid-level solids polymerized tung oil (both intended for use on
the interior bulkheads and woodwork of my boat) and was wondering if it
would be an acceptable finish on turnings. I'll give it a try. Thanks much
for the info.
BRBR

I usually apply at least 3 coats, 24 hours apart.
Sorry for the delay in answering, but I haven't checked in for a while.
-Jim Gott-
San Jose, CA