Ralph J. Ramirez

I would definitely demagnetize it as you lose some control due to the
magnetism. Do you by any chance use a magnetic tool bar to store your skew.
I have one of those and I have found that this will magnetize your tool.
Remember, you want your tool to slide freely on your tool rest, any
resistance at all takes some control away from you. Hope this
helps.....Ralph

"Alan Van Art" wrote in message
I recently purchased a Robert Sorby Oval Skew from Craft Supplies. I'm not
positive, but I think it's magnetized. It really feels like it's sticking

the tool rest when I go to pick it up. Has anyone else experienced

anything
similar? So far, I don't think it's a bad thing, but I really just started
using it. Should I de-magnetize it or leave it alone?

---