Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Barry, Barry it depends

I would say it would be a good buy for a professional turner, I'm not,
but I bought one and use it, it is a very fine tool, keeps its edge a
bit longer and so if you count your time and life of the steel + you
don't pay for a handle it all ads up to make it worthwhile.
By the way mine is a 2308, and one ended, they are metric ,mine is 16 mm
that is 12 thou more than 5/8" and if you have a metal handle for a 5/8"
tool you are probably out of luck using that one.

hope this is some help to you

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Barry N. Turner wrote:
Does anyone here use Oneway's Mastercut gouges? Are they worth the price
(for instance, $99.95 for a double-ended 5/8", unhandled, at Woodcraft)? I
would appreciate an assessment from someone who actually uses them.

Barry