DJ Delorie

"Mike Rinken" mwrinken at gmail dot com writes:
Someday I might end up getting a Tormek but at this point, I don't
know if I'll be a serious or casual turner so the dual speed
Woodcraft grinder seemed like the best decision.

You could do what I did - get the cheapest grinder you can find
(probably a high speed 6") and a set of $32 chinese turning tools, and
practice. You'll learn to have a LIGHT hand, which is what you need
to keep the tools from losing their temper.

Then, when you get frustrated and splurge on something with jigs and
such, you won't feel so bad about spending all that money ;-)
(and you'll still have a cheap grinder for rough jobs)