joaz

Default Kelton Hollower Dig In

Hi all,I haven't posted here in a while, but I know this is where I
can get this question answered.
I use the Kelton Hollower and love it. I have made some modifications.
I had the bushings bored out to take the 3\4" bar from my Jamison unit
as the small Kelton I have would only take a 5/8 bar. This really adds
a lot of strenth to the system. I also use the teardop scraper from
the Jamison and it works great for all I do.
However, when I get to the last inch or so in the bottom of a hollow
form, I get a dig in. I keep the cutter slightly below center and
angled aroung 5 to 10 degrees.
The other day I used the cutter on an open face natural faced vessel.
I watched to see what happen's at the bottom. I got a dig. WHY?
Should I raise the cutter? Change the angle?

Heeeeelp.......

I have just posted new work on my web site...take a look.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

http://www.maine-web.com/woodturning