RonB

I have owned a Jet 1442 for about a year and I am very satisfied. I also
experienced a problem with the speed control handle sticking but it either
passed or I learned where to put my tongue when changing speeds. With its
heavy bed and the cast iron legs it provides plenty of mass. If you compare
it with the bigger powrmatics, you will see a lot of similarity in legs, and
other features. I bought it to supplement my wood shop and I am still
learning to turn with it. The machine has enough power, low vibration/noise
to be a good teacher.