Dan Bollinger

I've turned, sawn and milled a lot of phenolic. I haven't done it using
hand held tools, but don't see any reason not to. The most common grades of
phenolic 1/4" and up use canvas reinforcement. Thinner sheets are often
reinforced with paper. I've never heard of glass filled phenolic. If you
wanted FRP most people would go to polyester or epoxy resins, not phenolic.

I would only use scraper tools.

Anyone ever try it on a woodworking lathe with hand heald tools? We do
it on metal working lathes at work. We toss TONS of scrap laminate
that would be good for small projects.
Scott