RESPITE95

Default finishing question

Given that no finish is a "one size fits all" I expect that most turners have
settled on just a very few finishes that they use most of the time. I use a
50/50 mix of gloss Deft and laquer thinner about 80% of the time and then
polish with the Beal system. With this mix, I can vary the sheen as needed
depending on other factors. What are your most often used finishes? Why do I
ask? I have a program coming up for my woodturners group on finishing. We
have three presenters who each use a different method. I would like to see if
there is any general agreement among the wise men and ladies of this group.
GCS