Pete C

Default Fibreglass flat roof

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:22:22 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:37:04 +0000, Lee Blaver
wrote:

The thing that bothers me about fibreglass (apart from one of the
neighbours' fibreglass roofs leaking...) is thermal movement of the
building and/or UV damage causing cracking. Although I suppose both are
easily avoided with the right resin.

If you think about the environment boats survive in and the stresses
they have to endure a roof has an easy time of it.

I certainly wouldn't take to sea in a boat hull covered in roofing
felt!

However with a flat roof I wouldn't go on price alone but get some
expert opinion on what is required for the roof, and preferably get it
done by an established company offering a long guarantee.

One way to cope with movement could be to use a 'bond breaker' between
the fg and roof, a wide strip of suitable resin resistant plastic
would do it. A good company will be able to offer advice on this.

cheers,
Pete.