Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales

I noticed a remark considering the tool length for use in the jig.
The Woodcut Tru-grind has a much shorter body then the Canadian system and
can be used with shorter tools. It also can hold chisels up to 1 1/2"
across which neither of the other systems can do.

Ken Port Tool designer

"Alan Van Art" wrote in message
I took the plunge on a Tormek as well. IMHO, it is invaluable for a
beginner, because I can spend my time learning to turn, rather than

learning
to sharpen. I have found some limitations to the system, but very few.

Once
I become a competent turner, perhaps I'll learn to free-hand grind my

tools.
Until then, I love my Tormek.

"Lazarus Long" wrote in message
I use the Tormek system. With the appropriate jigs, it'll reliably
sharpen the same profile time after time. If you want, it'll also
reshape the profile to something else, and then be repeatable to that
new profile. The Tormek's problem is that it's expensive. I got over
that a long time ago. This isn't to say it's perfect, but for turning
tools, I don't think there's any better.

You can get one online at www.sharptools.com There's otherplaces
too, like Woodcraft.

---