Harry Bloomfield

Default Motorised Valve

On 25/01/2004 Kevin Rayner a wrote :
How can I tell whether the motorised valve on the hot water circuit is
working correctly. I have been having a few problems with cold water and
noticed that the manual/auto lever on the valve has no action. Operating the
lever on the central heating valve has some resistance and is working. The
lever on the HW valve has no resistance what so ever.
Do I need to replace the whole valve?

Kevin

You should be able to tell whether valves are working by simply feeling
the temperature of the pipes coming from the valve. Allow the system to
cool then set it to hot water and if necessary turn up the thermostat.
The pipe going to the valve and then on to your HW cylinder should
become hot.

Turn that off and select room heating, the pipe going to your radiators
should now become hot.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)