Terry

What brand of PEX has a 40psi max pressure?

"SQLit" wrote in message

"D Duddles" wrote in message
I'm building a new house, and just learned that the plumbing contractor
installs only PEX (Cross-linked polyethylene) plumbing. I've seen some
segments on this stuff on various home improvement shows, and the

opinions
I've heard have been generally favorable. One thing I do wonder,

though,
is
if the PEX tubing tends to impart any 'plasticky' taste in the water?
Anyone have any experience with it that can comment?

Thanks,

Doug D.

My home circa 1999 is PEX and the only thing I dis like is the 40 psi max
pressure for it.
I like stiff showers. I would have preferred that copper was used for the
rear outside hose bib, showers, washer. The bathroom sinks and toilets get
enough water with the 40 psi. I guess you could always run 3/4 instead of
the 1/2 or 3/8 that I have to get more volume.

I drink filtered water. No taste when I rinse my teeth in the bathroom

---