John Gilmer

Maybe it's just me, but I believe Maytag is "cashing in" on it's reputation.
IOW: it's likely a little overpriced for what you get in terms of
reliability and performance.

OTOH I bought a Sears GAS dryer some 16 years ago. The gas control failed
the first week but Sears fixed it without any charge. IT lasted about 15
years before the tenant got rid of it and replaced it with electric.

At the time, most dryers were offered in electric or gas versions with the
GAS version costing about $60 more.

Anyway, were I you and I wanted GAS, I would go for the Sears product. (Oh,
I think the down opening door it better because you don't drop as many
clothes on the floor.)