tgilb

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

| "tgilb" wrote in message
| k.net...
|

| Excuse my replying to my own post but after a little research I realize
| need to make a correction. The sentence above should read:
|
| Since you're the "only" person I've seen bashing Hunter fans lately with
| no
| more documentation than "I've seen a number of discussions"
|
| Example: A user here commented that the replacement switch (installed in
the
| fan body itself) was the type which required pushing wires into holes.
That
| type of part has no place in an AC powered device, no matter WHAT
| Underwriters Labs may say, and no matter WHAT electrical codes might
permit.
| The only reason a manufacturer would use them would be to save time on the
| assembly line. That makes me wonder what other shortcuts they took.

You imply you know more about safety and electrical engineering than UL and
building codes do. I, on the other hand, readily admit to being far less
knowledgeable about these subjects than these agency's and that being the
case I feel I cannot contribute anything else to this discussion and bow to
your obviously superior wealth of knowledge on the subject.